Kayaking & Picnic at Piney Run Park
- About an hour kayaking on Piney Run Lake
- Club Picnic, bring a dish to pass
- MD/DC Breeding BIrd Atlas walk
- Cost about $8 plus park entry fee
- Members sign up for a kayaking slot and can pick & choose which activities to participate in
- Aquatic life around and in a local lake
- Local birds
- Identifying fish you might catch
- Song Bird Banding
- Audrey Carroll Audubon Sanctuary outside Mt. Airy
- Early Sunday morning in early May
- Bog Turtle Survey
- Join Maryland Department of Natural Resources to count bog turtles
- Bog Turtles are a federally endangered species
- 10 and over only, sorry.
- very, vey muddy but fun
- Cancel picnic.
- Have sign-ups for kayaking slots to limit number of participants at one time – can spread over multiple days if necessary.
- Cancel Song Bird Banding & Bog Turtle Survey Activities