March is when we should put up our bluebird boxes. You can leave them up year-round as birds will use them for shelter in the winter.
For information on where to put your box or if you would like to make another please check out the links in the resources below. I’ve also included links with general bluebird information.
- Bird Box: You may enter your new or used box in the fair – just don’t evict a bird to bring it
- Education Poster: All About Bluebirds; Creating Habitat for Bluebirds; How to Monitor a Bluebird Box; My Bluebird Box, …
- ID Cards: Nest Monitoring Ring – I’ve uploaded my photos & notes if you want to use them
- Electronic Educational Item – PowerPoint, Webpage, Quizlet, Kahoot, an easy Scratch game or ….
- Bluebird Box plan we use in the meeting – see download button below
- Nest Monitoring ring – see download buttons below
- All About Birds – Eastern Bluebird
- Getting Started Fact Sheet from North American Bluebird Society
- Maryland Bluebird Society
- The Bluebird Book: The Complete Guide to Attracting Bluebirds (A Stokes Backyard Nature Book) – This is the resource I use the most.